Translate

Saturday, October 12, 2013

My First Quilt Appliqué




Butterflies In Flight

This is my first attempt at Appliqué. My neice has been my teacher. So one week in August when I went to Louisiana to visit this was my lesson. I bought all my supplies and Roxanne helped me put the colors together so they would look nice. I think I did pretty well on my first attempt. 
I found a very easy quilt pattern I wanted to make for my friends new granddaughter.


I just love the simple fluttering butterflies.
I used clear thread to sew the appliqué butterflies on.
I wanted rounded corners. I tool a paper plate and used it for the corner cutting.


I used a rainbow of colors for the butterflies.
I had scraps for the grandmother that she used for her last two grandchildren.
I used a few of the scraps on this granddaughters butterfly quilt.
She cried when she saw the fabric I had used. I knew it would mean a lot to her.

My niece Roxanne did the free hand machine quilting for me.
I just love the look. Its like the butterflies are flying.

I used a ruffle with the binding sewn already on it for my finishing.
 I like to machine the binding on front and hand sew it on the back.
What do you think!
I love the finished quilt.

This is Brynn !
When I saw this pretty quilt I knew it was the one to make for this little princes.

Thanks for stopping by and come back soon. 
Stay creative!


1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Please leave a comment and let me know what you think. . Come back and check to see what I will be creating or talking about in my Ladybugs Garden. Stay creative!